Sverige 2015

Sverige 2015

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Fångad av en stormvind...

Happy Autumn!

Today Messiah College graciously gave its employees a day off. I am so grateful for both of my jobs. I love my co-workers and the work that I do, but sometimes it's good to take a break to refresh and rejuvenate.

I've had an great day... please forgive my narcissism as I share it with you.

It was a day full of my favorite things...

I slept in until 7:15 am. It was fantastic.
First things first: coffee, my guilty pleasure.


I went for a run. I love running in the cool, crisp air.


After that I made myself a nice American breakfast while boogying to British pop (Lily Allen and Adele. I almost broke out the Spice Girls.)

Two scrambled eggs + two strips of turkey bacon + half of an English muffin + blackberries + orange juice (with extra pulp). YUM.

Note: to make the perfect scrambled eggs, cook them over low-to medium heat slowly. When they are still slightly moist, take the pan off the heat source and allow them to finish cooking. The eggs are delicious and you won't even need to add cheese because they taste rich and moist.


Normally I'm not a big shopper, but this time I had some killer coupons. I drove to the a shopping mall while listening to my childhood idol, Carola. It made me nostalgic. 
I ended up purchasing some really nice things.


I love secondhand bookstores. It's actually a problem. I have an addiction to buying books. Usually I go to Midtown Scholar, but I recently discovered The Book House and fell in love. It smells like books -- the best smell in the world. I couldn't stay very long -- it wouldn't be good for my bank account. 
When I'm elderly, I want to turn my house into a bookstore.



 Autumn and winter are my favorite seasons. I could live outside from October to March.





I ended the afternoon by visiting one of my favorite orchards: Paulus. I purchased house-made peach salsa and apple cider. The cider is the no-sugar-added kind...the kind that tastes like the cider that we used to make from the fruits of our apple trees in Sweden.



That was my day. How was yours?

3 comments: