Sverige 2015

Sverige 2015

Monday, January 10, 2011

Knotting Some Garlic

Hello my darlings,

Yesterday, to my husbands delight, I craved the smell of freshly baked bread (yes, I crave smells). I decided to try a recipe for garlic knots that I found back in October. This bread was not that difficult to make, and the finished product was well worth the labor. I used to be afraid of working with dry yeast, because in Sweden our yeast is quite different; it usually comes in a wet paste type form. When using dry yeast, I'm never quite sure how warm to make the liquid activating the yeast. However, the more bread recipes I try, the more confident I become in my attempts at reproducing this delicious international staple. And really... who doesn't love the smell of baking bread? I should bottle it and make it into a perfume.

I want to refer you to the website where I found this garlic knot recipe. One of my dear friends shared this website with me, and I want to pass it on to you. It is not only aesthetically magnificent in that the photography makes your mouth water, but the recipes are tried and true...truly delicious.

The website: http://annies-eats.net/
The recipe: http://annies-eats.net/2010/09/29/soft-garlic-knots/

(Above: my garlic knots, fresh out of the oven)

1 comment:

  1. i wish I only craved smells!!! those garlic knots are making my mouth water and my tummy rumble!

    ReplyDelete